North Coast Integrated Regional Water Management Plan
The North Coast Resource Partnership (NCRP) is an innovative, stakeholder-driven collaboration among local governments, Tribes, watershed groups, and other interested partners focused on integrated resource planning and local project implementation in California’s North Coast region.
The NCRP oversees the development and regular updates of the North Coast Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (NCIRWM Plan) adopted by the NCRP in 2005 and again in 2007. The NCIRWM Plan is being updated per requirements outlined by:
- The 2014 Department of Water Resources Integrated Regional Water Management Guidelines
- Proposition 84, "The Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006"
Section names, organization, and content are based in large part on the "Draft NCIRWM Plan Outline" and subsequent "Draft NCIRWM Plan Annotated Outline." Outlines were circulated to and vetted by the Policy Review Panel (PRP), Technical Peer Review Committee (TPRC), and/or stakeholders between October 2012 and June 2013. Additional stakeholder and NCRP input was solicited and provided during the October 2013 NCRP Conference. The NCRP PRP and TPRC reviewed and commented on Sections 1-4 in June 2013, Sections 5-8 in March-April 2014, and Sections 9-13 with appendices in May 2014.
NCIRWM Plan III Non-Adopted Public Review
The NCRP is pleased to announce the public review of the Non-Adopted version of the NCIRWM Plan Phase III. Public review of the NCIRWM Plan III will occur June 18 through July 18, 2014. The NCIRWM Plan Phase III can be dowloaded via the following links. Please note, that due to the size of the files, the NCIRWM Plan can be downloaded as a complete high reolution file (38 MB) or as 2 smaller files: 1) the main body of text (7 MB) and 2) appendices (15 MB).
North Coast IRWM Plan Phase III Non-Adopted Public Review - Sections 1-13 and Appendices (38 MB)
North Coast IRWM Plan Phase III Non-Adopted Public Review - Sections 1-13 (main-body of text) (7 MB)
North Coast IRWM Plan Phase III Non-Adopted Public Review - Apendices (14 MB)
It is preferred that comments (general or specific) be submitted in the form of comments directly into the pdf document using the Comment & Markup Tools in Adobe Reader or Acrobat. However, it is also possible to submit a document listing your individual comments/ edits (e.g. numbered list referencing page/paragraph numbers). Please provide your comments to NCRP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 18th.
NCRP/NCIRWM Plan III Goals and Objectives
GOAL 1: INTRAREGIONAL COOPERATION & ADAPTIVE MANAGEMENT
- Objective 1 - Respect local autonomy and local knowledge in Plan and project development and implementation
- Objective 2 - Provide an ongoing framework for inclusive, efficient intraregional cooperation and effective, accountable NCIRWMP project implementation
GOAL 2: ECONOMIC VITALITY
- Objective 3 - Ensure that economically disadvantaged communities are supported and that project implementation enhances the economic vitality of disadvantaged communities.
- Objective 4 - Conserve and improve the economic benefits of North Coast Region working landscapes and natural areas
GOAL 3: ECOSYSTEM CONSERVATION AND ENHANCEMENT
- Objective 5 - Conserve, enhance, and restore watersheds and aquatic ecosystems, including functions, habitats, and elements that support biological diversity
- Objective 6 - Enhance salmonid populations by conserving, enhancing, and restoring required habitats and watershed processes
GOAL 4: BENEFICIAL USES OF WATER
- Objective 7 - Ensure water supply reliability and quality for municipal, domestic, agricultural, cultural, and recreational uses while minimizing impacts to sensitive resources
- Objective 8 - Improve drinking water quality and water related infrastructure to protect public health, with a focus on economically disadvantaged communities
- Objective 9 - Protect groundwater resources from over-drafting and contamination
GOAL 5: CLIMATE ADAPTATION & ENERGY INDEPENDENCE
- Objective 10 - Assess climate change effects, impacts, vulnerabilities, and strategies for local and regional sectors
- Objective 11 - Promote local energy independence, water/ energy use efficiency, GHG emission reduction, and jobs creation
GOAL 6: PUBLIC SAFETY
- Objective 12 - Improve flood protection and reduce flood risk in support of public safety