NCIRWMP Implementation Project Solicitation, Review & Selection
NCIRWMP Implementation Project Solicitation, Review and Selection for Proposition 84, Round 2 IRWM Funding
In June 2012, the Department of Water Resources (DWR) released the Draft Integrated Regional Water Management Program Guidelines and Proposal Solicitation Packages (PSP) for the Round 2 Implementation Grant, and Stormwater Flood Management Grant programs. The Guidelines and PSPs will be used to distribute IRWM grant funding according to Proposition 84, Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006 and Proposition 1E, Disaster Preparedness and Flood Prevention Bond Act of 2006. The final guidelines and PSPs were released in November 29, 2012. Information about IRWM funding opportunities and the guidelines and PSPs can be found at http://www.water.ca.gov/irwm/grants/index.cfm.
Proposition 84 Funding
Proposition 84, Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006 provides $900 million in regional funds to be allocated to 11 California Funding Areas. The North Coast’s allocation is $37 million and the funding available for Round 2 is likely to be $5.4 million.
- November 1 – December 10: North Coast Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (NCIRWMP) Project Implementation Proposal Solicitation
- November 29: Department of Water Resource release of Final IRWM Guidelines and Proposal Solicitation Package
- November 15 - 20: Informational & Technical Assistance Workshops held throughout the North Coast Region. A copy of the workshop presentation can be found at http://www.northcoastirwmp.net/docs.php?oid=1000008776&ogid=1000002315
- December 10, 5 pm: NCIRWMP Implementation Project Proposals Due
- December 13 – January 4, 2013: Technical Peer Review Committee (TPRC) Implementation Project Proposal review
- January 9 – 10: TPRC Project Review Meeting. Mendocino County Administrative Offices, Conference Room C, 501 Low Gap Road Street, Ukiah. An agenda can be found at http://www.northcoastirwmp.net/docs.php?oid=1000008833&ogid=1000002368
- January 17: NCIRWMP Policy Review Panel & TPRC meeting, Ukiah Municipal Golf Course, 599 Park Boulevard, Ukiah
- March 29, 2013: NCIRWMP Proposition 84, Round 2 Regional Application due
NCIRWMP Implementation Project Proposal Review & Selection
On December 10th, the NCIRWMP received 41 project proposals for the IRWM Proposition 84 Round 2 Implementation funding opportunity for a total funding request of nearly $27 M. The TPRC members individually reviewed and ranked the project implementation proposals December 11, 2012 – January 4, 2013. During a 2-day meeting in Ukiah on January 9 & 10, the TPRC members reviewed and discussed the proposals as a group and selected a draft slate of projects for PRP consideration during the NCIRWMP meeting on January 17 in Ukiah. The NCIRWMP project review, ranking and selection were conducted in accordance with the NCIRWMP Project Application, Review and Selection Process Guidelines as approved by the PRP.
During the NCIRWMP meeting on January 17, The PRP unanimously approved the TPRC Priority Project portfolio recommendation for inclusion in the North Coast IRWM Proposition 84 Round 2 Implementation grant application due to the Department of Water Resources on March 29th. The Priority Project list consists of 13 projects that together help to achieve the objectives of the North Coast IRWM Plan. In addition, the Priority Project portfolio includes a wait list of 10 projects throughout the region in the event that a priority project drops out or completes under budget.
NCIRWMP Implementation Project Proposal Review & Selection Materials: